Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jan

Today, FEBRUARY 7 is Brian's mom, Jan's , BIRTHDAY!


When I think of Jan, I think of someone who makes things. She can sew. She can paint. She can decorate. She can coordinate. She can cook. She can set a beautiful table. She can landscape. She can grow things. She is one talented lady. Here are some examples of things Jan has made:



Jan made my window shade.


Jan covered my dining room chairs.






Jan's generosity made this trip to Europe possible (Brian and Jan at Westminster Abbey).




Jan made my favorite flannel blanket!





In more ways than one, she helped make my newly remodeled kitchen come together.


I don't have a picture of her front yard, but it has as many hosta varieties, shapes, sizes and colors as this.


However, of all the things Jan has made and is still capable of making, I am pretty sure her proudest creation is this:




Her three sons, Sean, Michael and Brian.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAN! We love you!


Brian, Angie, Gavin and Grant

6 comments:

  1. What a touching tribute. And I loooove the blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like a real gem! I wish I had that kind of relationship with my MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's sweet.

    I love the blanket and your kitchen looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Jan!!

    She looks like a really talented lady!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy BDAY Jan!

    I remember before I had ever met you that I was in awe of your talents!

    When Brian was in college you had made him a pair of shorts with a beer can holster on each leg. OOOOOOH YES!!!!

    I am still waiting for my pair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tribute post :) What a talented gal! I love the kitchen and the blanket...but all were fabulous !

    ReplyDelete

KEEP COMMENTING