Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Today history is made with the election of a new president-elect. Not the man I chose, as you know, but I don't care. I honest to God, COULD NOT CARE LESS.


My husband is dying in front of my eyes.

I have to call hospice today to get some professional help.
Walking is becoming increasingly difficult for him, let alone showering, dressing and other functions most human beings, including myself, take for granted every day.

He is sleepy all the time.
His speech falters more every day.

He knows he needs to have a conversation with his boys about his departure from this earth while he still can.

I have to take the boys to the park or somewhere alone today and tell them that their daddy is dying, that it probably won't be all that long now. I have to field their questions while maintaining my composure ensuring them of their own safety and stability.

And I have to turn on the TV and be bombarded with how inspiring Barak Obama's speech was or how history is made or whatever.

Know what inspires me??

This:










This is a true hero. He may not get camera time, but he is a better man with more strength, dignity and character than ANY single person who ran for ANY office yesterday.

KEEP BELIEVING

7 comments:

  1. Just made me weep in its profoundness. Thank you, Angie, for the reality check I needed today! Fervent prayers for you all, Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful man!
    Thank you for sharing this.serioulsy.YOUR strentgh & belief are helping so many.
    I just found you from ~ "Who Put Me In Charge Of These People?'s Blog" what a wonderful friend.
    You have a beautiful family and Your will be in our prayers. always.
    Sincerely,
    Joelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more with your assessment of what true heroism is.

    And you too are a hero, Angie. I am in awe of your grace and your strength. I am thinking about you and your family daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, Angie...you really know what matters in this life...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You couldn't have said this better - I am with you. I apologize for not checking in through this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

KEEP COMMENTING