Thirteen things that keep me awake on any given night:
1) Bathroom breaks – especially if I indulged in a pint or two or a glass of two of wine. Honestly, the bathroom breaks at night sometimes keep me from having one.
2) Thoughts of going back to work in a year and a half when Grant is in first grade. What will I do next? How has the industry/workforce changed in the last 3 years since I left? Etc.
3) Ideas for this blog pop into my head and I formulate them into entries as I watch the LED minutes tick away.
4) Often, I go to sleep with a load of laundry in the dryer. We do not have a volume or an on/off switch for the buzzer/signal. I HATE THAT SOUND no matter where I am in the house, but when I am sleeping, I consider taking an axe to the thing.
5) 4 and 6 year old boys that just CAN’T fall back asleep unless I go lay with them or, at the very least, tuck them back in bed– almost nightly
6) Things to add to my to-do and grocery lists.
7) Thinking back on the day – did I treat my kids well? Did I get anything done?
8) What are we going to have for dinner tomorrow night?
9) Gripping fear of losing my husband to his cancer – truly it paralyzes me – often.
10) That same husband’s snoring.
12) Sudden urges/desires to pray for someone.
13) Strange noises, especially if Brian is away.