Thursday, March 25, 2010

higher education

When discussing the importance of school now for jobs later with Grant the other day, Gavin jumped into the conversation:

Gavin: No, Grant, you just have to get married.
Me: What do you mean?
Gavin: Yeah, I'm gonna get married some day and make my wife go to work.
Me: Really?
Gavin: Yup, we're gonna have kids and I'm gonna stay home with the kids.
Me: Don't you think maybe you'll want to go to college to get a job so you can make money so your WIFE can stay home with the kids?
Gavin: No. And I don't have to go to college. I already know everything.
Me: Whatever. And you DO NOT know everything.
Gavin: Yes, I do. I don't need to go to college cuz I already know so much.
Me: You don't know how to do surgery.
Gavin: They do surgery in college?
Me: No, but you have to go to a lot of college to learn how to do surgery and you don't know how to do surgery, so you don't know everything.
Gavin: I'll marry someone who does.
Me: (under my breath) If you marry a surgeon, you can stay at home with the kids. Well done.



+

=



I'm thinking it might be time for me to think about going back to work some to show my boyz I'm educated and set an example that school is important in the life ahead of them.

KEEP BELIEVING

11 comments:

  1. clever kids you have there. i bet my husband sometimes wishes he had married a surgeon. esp. a sexy one like in that pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice he's reading a book on germs so he can have an intelligent conversation with his future wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!!

    I remember my nephew challenging me on some point - when I was about 20 and he was 7. Whatever it was, I told him that I was pretty sure that I knew more about it and that he should defer to my knowledge. (maybe not in those words!)
    He asked, "How do you know?"
    "I'm in college, I'm smarter than you."
    "Ha, if you're so smart how come you still have to go to school?!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dude in the bottom pic? Yeah, that's what I want.

    Cute post, Angie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The things that kids can come up with. And so often there really is no right answer to what they say.
    Hang in there.
    Karen W. in S.W. Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not unreasonable that he could find a wife willing to work and have him stay home with the kids... But - as someone 3 years into the 6 required to be financially stable so that I can stay home as I always wanted to - it's still important to go to school and have the OPTION to work to support your family. Because life doesn't always turn out the way you planned. Your family knows that better than most of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious! And great use of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious!

    I've worked most of my life, and have been at home now for awhile...not sure what my kids think, but I know I'm going to ask them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's all kinds of funny ;-) Angie, those boys. They're forces to be contended with but then again, so are you;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting, pic of the surgeon...

    ReplyDelete

KEEP COMMENTING